Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Little Unique


Something I should have realized a long time ago when you first brought Picasso to the compound. But I was was too stupid and trusting. I was so gullible...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"And this is Moth."

"..."

"What's wrong with him?"

She was glaring at me. She was angry and confused. Duckie had thrown her off of a roof and Fracture saved her. Apparently she was here to train with us. To work with us until she was strong enough to kill Duckie herself. At least, that's what Fracture said she was here for.

"He's just... a little unique."

"He's not talking... he wears his mask in his off hours... it's cracked... but he's not hollowed... he's comprehending..."

She drew a knife and pressed me to the wall. 

"He's a Mask."

Fracture put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head.

"So what if he is? You don't burn down the village because one villager robbed you. Let Duckie die for what Duckie did. Moth doesn't deserve it."

Cold eyes. She had cold calculating eyes back then. I could see she didn't trust Fracture but she was so desperate. So very desperate.

"...Moth huh? Duckie's pet runner. He said you died."

She looked at me expecting an answer. She groaned in frustration.

"Oh yeah. Fucking mutes."

"Moth would have died. I saved him too. You'll find you have things in common with Moth. Duckie handed him over to his handlers and left him for dead just like he threw you off a building and left you for dead. You both want Duckie dead."

"I see. I'm Picasso," she said putting out a hand. "Pleased to meet you Moth."

I pulled her into a hug. She wiggled out of it and punched me hard in the gut.

"Muzzle down boy," she warned me as I crumpled down to the floor

She giggled and followed Fracture off to see her new room.

"This is going to be fun," she informed Fracture as they disappeared from sight.

"You have no idea."

...

I remember I was looking for Picasso the day it happened. Devil had figured out what Duckie had done with Picasso's brother's sword. She was gonna want to know. She was not taking well to the hatchets Fracture had given her.

I found Fracture first. I signed out 'painting' to him so he knew who I was looking for.

"Picasso? She's in the car. We're taking a little trip."

I signed out that it was 'urgent'.

"I'll tell you what, Moth, if it's so important than just SAY so. Then she's all yours. Otherwise, it'll have to wait."

I just stared at him. I had no idea how cruel he was being at the time. I just knew there was more meaning behind his words then he was letting on. His wide knowing grin always told me as such.

Finally I just shrugged. 'It can wait,' I told myself and I left him to do whatever he was gonna do with her.

Wasn't worth breaking my vows...

....

She was crying when they finally returned. Crying yet laughing hysterically. She playfully slammed her hatchets into each wall as she walked.

"YEAH! Suck on that, WOODEN WALLS!"

I tilted my head. She was so... different. I looked over to Fracture. He could read what my question was just by looking into my eyes.

"What? She's just... a little unique."

"What?" she asked me. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!" she screamed and brought both hatchets down on my shoulders. "FUCK YOU TOO!"

"God damn, this place is GOING TO SUCK!" she yelled running into her room and slamming the door behind her.

I moved for the infirmary. I needed help. But he followed me the whole way.

"Aw, whats wrong Moth my boy? You seem upset."

I growled and pushed forward. Devil would patch me up.

"You seem like you want to SAY something? No? Nothing?"

I had so many questions. I didn't understand. What the hell did he do to her? And why did he do it? Why oh why did he decide to make it my fault? What had I done?

All I knew was he had broken her. She wasn't herself anymore... she was hardly a person anymore.

But I bit my tongue. I turned to face him in front of the infirmary and I shook my head 'No' so he could have his answer before I finally went in to get myself patched up.

'It doesn't matter what I think,' I told myself.

'I'm an implement to act on Fathers will, nothing more and Fracture wants what Father wants. He saved me... he saved her... this must be Father' will.'

But Fracture just obeys Father's will. Fracture's will is not Father's. Fracture is a monster all his own. 

And I serve Father, not Fracture.

4 comments:

  1. So from what I'm getting at is that it's not JUST about Fracture or Duckie.

    Part of this is for Picasso, isn't it?

    -Veigar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I never really got to know her. Not the real her.

      Maybe, in some small part, it is about that.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I wonder if it can be reversed. Does she know about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to say. I think she sings about it. I know she screams about it. But I honestly can't say whether or not she knows about.

      Delete

The more you say, the less you know...